Thursday, August 19, 2010

Money vs Happiness

I've said, money can't buy happiness. But it sure makes shopping a lot happier. haha...

As you know I quit IT world to be with the kids. Today, I received another call from a esteemable IT distribution company to join 'em. A nice position too... but I declined, just in a heartbeat. I know I may whine about taking care of kids is hard job, sumtimes... but no. Dun think I'm going back in that field.

Oprah show on TV today, incidently was about this lady who was a top manager in a bank, took a 90% pay cut to a be a trapeze. She said it made her much happier and healthier than a deskjob. A lot of ppl may say, gilo apo pompuan nih? But, I understand what she was feeling. The feeling of freedom, for my self. Cuba tgk org kampong, anak ramai gila, umah kecik, most of things are minimal... but they're still happy. There's a lot of other things in life than money, bills...etc. Simplicity...

So, I told the lady that I was taking a break from IT world to undertake my own business at the moment. She said, you're planning to come back to IT right? mmmmm....

I've gotten out of the box, the rat race... have you?



Here's a pic of Sofea and me playing with the webcam, when everything else dah boring nak buat.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

money cant buy happiness but it does make pursuing happiness easier..you did the right thing pursuing your own business instead of chasing profit for others.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the support... Doakan d biz gets to a higher level.
Mana tahu, jadi Dato Elier peh ni.

Juju said...

sukses sokmo beb ;) geram tgk anak ko..mmg muka chong lah

Unknown said...

Thanks Jue!

Ha ah, yg pompuan ni sebijik muko bapak! But prangainya, sebijik ikot mak dia...

Unknown said...

cute je sofea..rambut maintain ye style gitu..bagus2...senang nak kenai..hehehe...